Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello!!

I am so excited to write my very first post on this blog.  I have been a huge fan of so many amazing food-related blogs for years!  I check my favorites often and am so inspired by their creations.  Some of my favorite and most popular recipes are ones I have borrowed from those blogs.  I am sure this blog will never live up some of the amazing ones I read every day, but I decided to give it a try. :-)

Recently my family had a surprise birthday party for my dad.  My dad is the best guy in the whole world and I was determined to make his day as special as possible.  My excitement for the party ended up in me making an exorbitant amount of desserts!!  Now, I am Italian, which means that we ALWAYS have an extreme amount of food.  But the amount of desserts I made was a lot even for my family's standards!  I made cake balls, mini pecan tarts, pizzelles, strawberry crumb bars, donut holes, double chocolate mini cupcakes, lemon mini cupcakes, and chocolate chips cookies.


To top it all off, I also made a huge cake using an almond wedding cake recipe.


So clearly, for our small party of 30, there was way too much.  I ended up buying disposable pastry boxes like these from AC Moore, lined them with blue tissue paper.  Then, when each person left the party, I filled a box with a few pieces of each dessert then tied the box up with a piece of light blue ribbon.  I also attached a baby picture of my dad to the box!  The favors were a huge hit.  Everyone loved them and the desserts.  The experience convinced me to start a blog.  So many of my family members asked me for my recipes that I thought creating a blog to have all of my creations in one place would be fun!  I also wish I had taken more pictures of what I made, but in the hustle and bustle of the party planning, I forgot.  I didn't even take a picture of one of the favors, which I am really bummed out about.  From now on, I will try and take step by step and final product pictures of everything I make and post them here.

I have a huge list of new things I want to try and old things I want to make again and blog about, but I will save that for another time!  Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings. :-)  I would love to hear from you, so leave me a comment or shoot me an email.

Until next time, happy eating! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment